Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not all who wander are lost...

My whole life I have been a wanderer. I could never just stick with one thing and have it be the one thing I would do for the rest of my life. Instead, I always wanted to explore, try new things and if they didn't work out I would just try, try again.

Since high school I could never define myself as one kind of a person. I was never 'just' a basketball player or a thespian. I was a volleyball player, a pianist, a vocalist, a photographer, an artist, an activist. I enjoyed trying different clubs, meeting new people, learning from them and if it didn't feel right I would move on. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just chose one thing and focused on it (become an 'expert'), but the more I think about it, the more I would not have it any other way.

You could say I'm a wanderer, but I have learned how to find joy in a plethora of activities while learning a few things along the way. I've learned what keeps me ticking and what gets me out of bed in the morning.

I've also learned that my experiences (these explorations) are a part of who I am, a part of my constant devotion to figure things out about myself and about "reality". I know there is always something new to discover and learn about and I know I'm not lost at all. I'm just finding new paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment