Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Motivation Part Dos

So I have been thinking about motivation some more, and I realized how much of a mental game it is. It is about how you choose to spend your time, and what you decide is important to you. It is also about how you mentally prepare for your day. In high school and in college, I always had motivation to do work, because I had people telling me I had to do it. Teachers, coaches, bosses, studio mates. Now the only coach I have to push me farther and to get me to work harder is myself (and maybe my cat, but he's more in to relaxing than working). I have to start depending on myself to push me to the next level. To get me to work a little bit harder and honestly it is not an easy task, but one that if you work at a little bit each day will become easier and easier.

I found this video on YouTube last night, and while it is a bit corny, it also had a good message.


So I basically need a coach yelling at me to keep working harder, to keep up a good attitude and to not stop until I've tried my hardest.

Or of course there's this type of motivation. Where maybe I just need someone chasing me with a pitchfork to keep me going towards my goal. Though this version may be a little harsher. But its about what works for you I suppose.

So this morning to motivate myself, I went to the gym, where my instructor kicked my ass, then got a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, opened my window to the cloudy September day and started working. Here's to a hopeful productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment