Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

To be a good designer...

To be a good designer, which is what every designer wants to be, does not come easy. It requires dedication, hard work, and time (and really great time management). I have struggled with myself for years as to whether or not I am a good designer. Compared to some of my classmates, I always felt sub-par. I never (and still) do not feel like I am a good designer. An alright one sure, and I am proud of a few projects here and there, but I don't ever see myself as a good designer. I think a lot of it is my perfectionism talking, and another part is fear, and another is because I know good design, and I can't even begin to compare myself.

I recently read this post on the AIGA website, and it helped me put a lot of this in perspective. Maybe right now, I am in a very long period of making what I believe is "semi-okay" design, and that the more I turn out what I think is (pardon my french), "crap", the closer I will become to making those great designs. I just need to keep working, and working more and harder at it than I am now.


http://www.aiga.org/interior.aspx?pageid=3079&id=1862

No comments:

Post a Comment